Gold Great Britain “Rose Crown” Guinea 1/4 oz. Gem/BU 2019
- Contains 1/4 oz. of .9999 fine gold.
- Comes packaged in sealed tubes of 25.
- Obverse: Includes the effigy of HM Queen Elizabeth II designed by renowned sculptor Raphael Maklouf,
- Reverse: Issued by the treasury of St. Helena the coin recreates the reverse design found on the historic rose crown shield guinea.
- Sovereign backed legal tender bearing a £25 face value.
- Prices are only approximant precious metals pricing fluctuate daily talk with our Specialists
- Reviews (1)
The Rose Crown Guinea quarter-ounce gold coin in Brilliant Uncirculated condition.
Official legal tender of Saint Helena, the reverse of the coin features the Rose Crown Shield, the coin’s weight and bears the quality mint mark of the East India Company. The obverse bears the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by internationally renowned sculptor Raphael Maklouf, the issuing country St. Helena, the denomination £25, and the year date 2018. Both the obverse and reverse feature a distinct East India Company traditional pattern in the fields.
The Guinea is one of the world’s most respected gold coinages in history carrying with it a reputation of trust and purity. First struck in 1663 for King Charles II it became the pride of Britain’s coinage for 150 years. Decus et Tutamen, meaning an Ornament and a Safeguard appeared on King Charles II Five Guinea coin, iconic words associated with the Guinea which remains a testament its beauty and reliability.
A symbol of Britain’s rising colonial power, the Guinea was recognized and accepted throughout the world as for its purity and reliability and treasured by merchants as they traveled the world on East India Company Ships.